Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Allways knew that i wanted to be a programmer, and what i wanted to do exactly on my professional life as a programmer. I wanted to work on medicine and to make computer games. Those where the two areas of my interest. Why? Well, computer games are a passion. I guess i don't have to say much about this. For you, when reading this, you can understand that video games are very interesting. Interesting for some, a passion for others. I've been since kid playing them and thinking what i could do to change the game if i were able to do it. Medicine, well,... i've been seing a lot of people suffering because of health problem, unfortunatly, who hasn't? that gives me strenght to want to make something in that area. Fortunatly, i've found a job, has a programmer, that allows me to work on medicine. Of course that working is not charity. We are stuck to making business, or else we won't make money, the company goes down, and we with it. That's why things move so slow on healthcare, but we can't do things other way. This is the painfull truth, and as much as we don't like, we have to accept it, it's common logic. The world isn't so difficult to understand, we just have to follow the stream. But, hey,... i'm very happy to work on healthcare. I'm not programming the next machine that will kill cancer or make people imune to diseases, but i'm creating healthcare applications. Games? no, i did not forget about games. Actually, when i went to college, i my game programming "wanna be" came to top. I was trying to came up with a team, and i needed two more members to join with me to go two a competition, i guess it was in corea. I had an idea for a web site, that i didn't knew if it wasn't going to win, but i was certain it would reach corea, so I needed another .Net programmer, like me, and a good designer. I thought of some guys in my class. One was a good designer and the other a crazy lad allways trying to make computer games. That was it, computer games,... and this is where i consider to be the "Part II" of my "programmer's life". Rejecting, both of my colleagues, the idea to to fly to Corea and participate on the competition, i knew i had no time or chance to participate alone. So i gave up that idea. But,... my crazy colleague with likes for game programming, taught me some things about this world. Some of the "game engines" we could buy, some of the programming languages that where most used,... and "Voilá", i loved it. Once again, like before when i tried to learn computer programming on Commodore 64, this person just disappeared. He left college. So, i tried to do my own searches. For some reason i believe in destiny. Things happen, people talk, you gain knowledge and that knowledge will be usefull for your future? If you've read my previous post, you know i started programming because of a friend of mine that after some time left town. Now, has you can see, i started looking, again, at game programming, because a colleague of mine taught me some things and after that he left school. Is it destiny? honestly, i believe so!!!
So here i am now, 3 years later, looking at some code in AS3, on a game i'm developing and that i hope to sell!!! I already have a game developed, "Iclick". It was my first game in AS3. We have to start somewhere and that was my starting point. Judge me if you like,... too few levels, maybe there more things to work on the game, well, yes, but it was my first game, and i wanted to keep it simple. I wanted to know if i was able to do it and post it. I was, Lets now do some "Kung Fu". Just like before (if you read my previous post).

No comments:

Post a Comment